Sunday, August 8, 2010

Tool 9: Sharing Information through Jing & Skype

I think that with Jing, students can add visuals to their online conversations. Many of my 5th graders already use social networks such as Facebook and will enjoy adding free visuals through Jing.

Skype has so many applications that could be used in my classroom. I love the idea of my students having e-pals to practice their language skills with. With a webcam they can actually see and get to know their e-pals.

Skyping an Author would be an amazing experience for my students. They could hear the author's voice and all share the story. They would then conduct an author study of the book input from the author - Wow!

Skype could also be beneficial in group projects. Students could collaborate on a project and send their draft to all on the group for comments and revisions. We could even produce a class newsletter.

The possibilities are endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment