Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Tool 7: Digital Storytelling

I worked very hard at locating my pictures on Snapfish from 2005. Even had to call Snapfish to have them re-loaded in my account. I selected 35 of them and added captions. The music was from Juanes - La Camisa Negra which I downloaded from my CD. I chose this song as my daughters integrated music with Spanish language acquisistion and focused on Juanes songs and lyrics. I also created a narration of the important events of My Fund for Teachers grant in 2005 to study Spanish language and Mexican culture and history at the InterCultural Center for Languages and Culture in Cuernavaca, Morelos, Mexico in July of 2005. My daughters accompanied me on the trip and we stayed with a host family in Cuernavace while attending Spanish language courses at Inter Cultural. We also made several side trips to explore Aztec and Mayan ruins, pyramids and museums in the surrounding areas. We ended our trip with a stay at Las Brisas in Acapulco where we enjoyed the beach and our villa and watched the cliff divers exhibiting their talents to the tourists. Unfortunately my digital story was unable to upload to my blog. I hope to share it with my student this school year. I think they would enjoy creating their own digital stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment