Sunday, August 8, 2010

Tool 6: Wikis

I have used the PBWorks for Westat in a part time as a data collector for Westat. As studies were progressing, updates of completes or suggestions for techniques were posted to the wiki by the study manager. I am also quite familiar with Wikipedia - I had not thought of it as a wiki before.

I think that teachers could use a wiki to share ideas and update information on a given topic. This would be a great way to work on Roadmapping without all meeting at one place and at one time. Each teacher could update and make changes as time allowed.

I especially liked the ideas for Language Arts wikis including the continuing story idea. My students would really enjoy creating this and seeing changes to the plot with each student's input. I also like the Literary Analysis idea on a story that the class has read. We can look at all of the story elements with input from all students.

No comments:

Post a Comment